This recipe started as just scrambled eggs on a plate with two strips of bacon on the side. BORING! And we were hungry not even an hour later. This was not going to work! Next we tried to add some boiled new potatoes to our scrambled eggs (bacon still on the side). This was a excellent choice. We ended up feeling full and staying full until lunch time. But, we noticed that we both wanted the bacon to be mixed in with the eggs and potatoes. So we came up with our Breakfast Hash Recipe!
- 2 cups boiled, diced red new potatoes
- 6 strips cooked whole30 compliant bacon, chopped
- 5 eggs
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Garlic Salt, to taste
Preparation – I do this either the night before or a couple of days in advance
- Boil whole red new potatoes in a pot for approx. 45 minutes. (Note: I do this at the beginning of the week with a lot of red new potatoes, so I do not have to repeat the process over and over again)
- Place boiled potatoes in fridge until use.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F°.
- Place uncooked uncured bacon on cooling racks on a baking sheet. Bake at 400 F° for 20-30 minutes or until desired tenderness.
- Take two red new potatoes and cut them up – this will usually make approximately two cups of diced boiled red new potatoes.
- Take 6 pieces of bacon and chop them up.
- In a small bowl, crack open eggs and scramble with a fork.
- Heat up Olive Oil in skillet on med-high heat.
- Add Potatoes and cook until desired temperature.
- (Optional) add salt and pepper to taste
- Add bacon and cook until desired temperature.
- Add eggs and cook until desired temperature.
- (Optional) add salt, pepper, and/or garlic salt to taste.
- Serve and Enjoy!